Skip to main content
Welcome to the ECU Social Practice research guide. This guide will help you navigate through the library's resources that are related to social practice, and activism and social justice in art and design. Please use the tabs to navigate to the page you would like to find information on.
- Once you've received an assignment it's a good idea to read the assignment over to make sure you understand it. If you're unclear on any aspects of the assignment clarify with your instructor what it is you're being asked to do.
- Develop a topic and then decide how best to narrow its focus.
- Determine the types of sources you'll need to gather for your assignment: books, journal articles, images?
- Think of some of the key words that best describe your topic.
- Use the library's resources to find the sources you need. Use the key words you thought of to conduct your search. Ask a librarian for help if you need it. Refer to the Getting Started in the Library Guide.
- Gather your sources together in an easy to find location. A folder on your desktop or in Dropbox will work well for your electronic sources such as journal articles.
- Evaluate the sources you've gathered to determine which ones will work best for your assignment.
- Remember to cite the sources you use and include them in your bibliography.
Visit the reference desk or schedule an appointment with a reference librarian to discuss your research. See Contact the Library page for details.
email@example.com 604-844-3840 520 East 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC