Skip to Main Content
There are many ways to get research help, including instant messaging, Zoom drop-in, and email. See the Research Help page for details.
Make a suggestion
We want to hear from ECU students, staff and faculty! Is there a book you would like to see in the collection that we don't already have? Do you have any other suggestions for the library in general? Let us know.
Selected Books on Painting
Selected Databases on Painting
Art & Architecture Source This link opens in a new window
- Art & Architecture Source features full-text articles—as well as detailed indexing and abstracts—for an international array of journals, books, podcasts, images and more. Content includes over 640 full-text journals and more than 225 full-text books. Includes: Art Index / Abstracts / Full Text / Retrospective (formerly Wilson Databases) plus Art & Architecture Complete (EBSCO Database).
Art, Design & Architecture Collection This link opens in a new window
- The Art, Design & Architecture collection includes the specialist indexes ARTbibliographies Modern (covering modern and contemporary art), Design and Applied Arts Index (for all aspects of design and crafts) and the International Bibliography of Art (covering scholarship on Western art history), together with a complementary collection of current full-text journals, Arts and Humanities Full Text.
Artstor This link opens in a new window
- High quality Images covering art, design, anthropology and archeology from all time periods and cultures.
- Millions of rights-cleared images for use in education and research — you are free to use them in classroom instruction and handouts, presentations, student assignments, and other noncommercial educational and scholarly activities.
- You must create a user account after authentication in order to download images.
- Learn more about Artstor
MET Collection This link opens in a new window
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art creates, organizes, and disseminates a broad range of digital images and data that document the rich history of the Museum, its collection, exhibitions, events, people, and activities. Images of artworks in the Museum's collection fall into two categories: images of works the Museum believes to be in the public domain, or those to which the Museum waives any copyright it might have; images of works the Museum knows to be under copyright or other restrictions.
Focuses on topics related to artists' & designers' inspiration in all creative fields, from architecture to fashion, to sculpture, etc.
email@example.com 604-844-3840 520 East 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC